Board of County Commissioners
The Board of County Commissioners is comprised of five members, representing five districts, who are elected to four-year terms. Commissioners must reside in one of the five districts to qualify for office although they are elected "at large" by all voters in Citrus County.
- 03/22/16: Biosolids
- 01/21/16: I-75 reliever Study
- 12/10/15: Commissioners Goal Setting Retreat
- 10/27/15: Public Workshop - County Owned Property, Policies and Procedures
- 08/25/15: Budget Analysis and Review - Administration, Offices and Miscellaneous Budgets
- 08/18/15: Budget Review on Community Services & Planning and Development
The regular Board meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 1:00 pm at:
Citrus County Courthouse
110 N. Apopka Avenue, Room 100
Citrus County Government meetings are broadcast LIVE on:
- Comcast Cable - Channel 71
- Bright House Cable - Channel 643
Since 1980, Citrus County has operated under a commission-administrator form of government. The Commissioners, serving as the board of directors, are responsible for establishing policies and procedures. The County Administrator serves as the chief executive and is responsible for implementing the policies set by the Board and for the day-to-day operations of the County Government. Departments and Divisions report to the County Administrator. The County Attorney is appointed by the Board to serve as their legal advisor.