Website for Citrus County Historical Society:
Available for 8 performances
Feburary 11, 2016
“Southern Exposure” is a jazz band that will have you and your sweetie swinging to the songs that we have all heard and loved. If you like Woody Herman, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee and the other greats of jazz, you will love the renditions that Norm Bernard and his group perform.
Includes appetizers. Cash bar is available.
March 17, 2016
We are pleased to reintroduce you to Castlebay, who hail from Maine. They promise to bring you an array of Irish music you may not have heard before. Fred Gosbee and Julia Lane blend extraordinary talent with musical scholarship to present a delightful evening.
Includes refreshments at intermission.
See "Tampa Bay News Channel 10" Video: "Why do they call it that?"
Citrus County Old Courthouse Museum
- Educational programs such as: Coffee and Conversation, Speakers Series, 4th grade tours (as well as tours for all ages), including the many Elvis fans, who come to visit where Elvis Presley filmed the courtroom scene from the movie "Follow That Dream".
- Two permanent exhibitions on the pre-historic and historic periods of Citrus County and Florida history
- Rotating / traveling exhibition gallery, which has hosted over 40 different exhibitions
- Citrus County Archives and Library which houses the most comprehensive collection of Citrus County historical records
- A Jazz at the Museum and Concerts at the Courthouse musical series is hosted by the Citrus County Historical Society at the Historic Courthouse
The Historic 1912 Courthouse courtroom can bring meetings, concerts, festivals, receptions, parties and more, to life, accommodating a group of almost any size.
From elegant weddings and formal sit-down dinners, to casual receptions and private events in the historic courtroom will create a truly memorable occasion.
The Historical Resources Office and the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum provide a wide variety of services to the community through staff, volunteers, friends, and family members. With these services we are working together to keep history alive and provide an enhanced quality of life, which in-turn creates an economic engine that benefits all citizens.
The purpose of Historical Resources Office is to plan, direct and budget for the identification collection, preservation, interpretation and presentation of the historical resources of the county. Historical Resources are defined by Florida Statute 267 as those items and information which show how the people of this county lived during both the prehistoric and historic eras. This is accomplished by the use of artifacts, archival materials, folklore traditions including oral histories, pre-historic and historic sites and structures through interpretation and presentation in exhibitions and programs.
In addition to administering the office, the historic courthouse, and the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum, the Historical Resources Officer, under the auspices of the Department of Community Services, will interact with and advise the following agencies and individuals regarding the preservation of the historical resources, including the Citrus County Historical Society, Inc., volunteers at the Old Courthouse Heritage Museum, the Board of County Commissioners, and citizens of Citrus County.
Citrus County Historical Resources significantly contributes to the quality of life and can provide economic enhancement for planned development.