County Offices closed for Independence Holiday.
Citrus County Government offices will be closed Friday, July 3, 2015, in observance of Independence Day.
- The county landfill will be OPEN on July 3rd but CLOSED on July 4th. There will be no Household Hazardous Waste drop offs on Friday and the Administration office will be closed.
- All library branches will be closed on July 3rd.
- All Community buildings will be closed.
- Parks and boat ramps will be OPEN for public use but will be heavily congested due to scallop season.
- Bicentennial Pool will be OPEN until 6:00 pm on July 3rd and July 4th. The hours for Bicentennial Pool on Sunday, July 5th will be from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Central Ridge Pool is closed for construction.
- Animal Shelter will be closed on Friday, July 3, but open normal business hours on Independence Day.
FREE Dog & Cat Adoptions Extended!
- Free adoptions for dogs and cats that have been at the shelter for more than 30 days extended until July 4th!
- Also, for the entire month of June, if you were born in a "J" month (January, June or July), you can adopt a cat for only $10.00!
- If you were not born in a "J" month, you can adopt any of our cats for only $15.00!
- 07/02/15: 2015 Preliminary Taxable Values released
- 06/03/15: June 1st Taxable Value Estimates Issued to Taxing Authorities
- 05/29/15: Energy Conservation Project Savings for County Buildings
- 04/30/15: County Releases Procedure for Park Impact Fee Refunds
- 04/28/15: Road Resurfacing Presentation
- 04/21/15: Animal Shelter Workshop
- 04/07/15: Fire MSBU Workshop
- 03/31/15: Solid Waste Strategic Plan Workshop
- 03/24/15: Hwy. 491 Corridor Improvements Workshop
To explore all that Citrus County has to offer, request a copy of our Visitors Guide Request.
- Get some "Hot Deals" at VisitCitrus.com for local restaurants, hotels and activity discounts
- Find ways to save water inside your home.
- Seniors on the Move program invites you to go shopping, to the movies, go out to eat, find out more!
- Learn about Health & Nutrition at the Senior Centers
- You can search for a county park or beach by amenity or city.