Karla Grzeca, CFM,
Flood Management Specialist
Jim Baird, CBO, CFM
Assistant Building Official
Carl Jones, CBO, CFM
Building Division Director
Building Official, Flood Coordinator
Floodplain Management is Citrus County's program of preventive and corrective measures for reducing flood damage. Citrus County participates in the Community Rating System to reduce and avoid flood damage toinsurable properties.
Citrus County’s rating is currently 6 out of 10, which translates to a 20% savings in flood insurance premiums to properties located in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) and a 10% savings in flood insurance premiums to properties located outside the SFHA.
- Do I Need Insurance?
- Mandatory Purchase of Insurance
(Mandatory for all federal or federally related financial assistance for the acquisition and/or construction of buildings in Special Flood Hazard Areas)
- Effects of County Map Changes on Insurance
- Flood Map Information and Flood Insurance Facts
- NFIP Sample Rates
- Flood Zone Maps
- Flood Facts
Floodplain Management Activities Include the Following:
- Management of all development for properties located in the Special Flood Hazard Area
- The coordination of Community Rating System activities that result in the reduction of flood insurance premiums within the County
- The official community repository for all flood maps and Letters of Map Amendments
- General assistance to the public, lenders, insurers and other professionals in obtaining copies of pertinent documents and flood zone research property specific
- Coordination with our local, State and FEMA business partners
- Sheriff Emergency
(Shelter locations, evacuation routes, NOAA link, FEMA)
- Red Cross
- Florida Disaster.org
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
(information on maps/data for wetlands & soils maps)
If you cannot view PDF files, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. Download for it for FREE now.