Email Address: email@example.com
The Contractor Licensing Department provides assistance to contractors who want to register and work in Citrus County. Our department enforces Contractor compliance with State of Florida Statutes and County regulations. All contractors who work in Citrus County are required to be licensed and insured. Our mission is to provide our citizens with quality workmanship done by licensed contractors who have experience, education and good moral character.
- Business Tax Receipt - (Handyman List)
- Complaint Form
- Competency Card Registration
- State Contractor Registration
- Testing Facilities
- Request Letter of Reciprocity
DON’T GAMBLE WITH UNLICENSED CONTRACTORS
YOU WILL LOSE!
Hazards of Using Unlicensed Contractors:
- There is no such thing as a Handyman License in Citrus County.
- They DO NOT have general liability or worker’s comp insurance.
- Homeowner insurance policies will not cover work done by an unlicensed contractor.
- Substandard workmanship will be your responsibility to fix.
- Most Importantly -- It’s against the law!
Under Chapter 455.227 of the Florida Statutes:
“any person who knowingly aides, assists, procures, employs or advises an unlicensed individual can be charged with a first degree misdemeanor by the State of Florida and may face fines of up to $5,000 for each offense.”
Why Hire a Licensed Contractor?
- A licensed person has the required education, experience, insurance and qualifications to obtain a license. They must pass a competency examination before practicing.
- Many licensed individuals are screened for prior criminal history.
- The department can discipline and even revoke a license if the person does not live up to professional standards. This is a not a total safeguard, but is a strong incentive for the licensee to do good work.
- Only work done by a licensed contractor is recognized by your homeowner’s insurance.