Citrus County Utilities in partnership with Citrus 20/20 Inc.’s annual Save Our Waters Week campaign and the Florida Section of American Water Works Association are proud to announce the winners of the 2017 Drop Savers Poster Contest. The contest teaches elementary aged school children and reminds middle and high school aged teens about the importance of water conservation.
One winner from each of the five divisions was selected from participating schools throughout Citrus County.
- Division 1 (Grades K-1): Keegan Woodhouse
- Division 2 (Grades 2-3): Sophia Watson
- Division 3 (Grades 4-5): Aida Canetti
- Division 4 (Grades 6-8): Alexia Sibul (also placed 1st in FSAWWA statewide contest)
- Division 5 (Grades 9-12): Mackenzie Kauffman (also placed 2nd in FSAWWA statewide contest)
Each division poster winner earned a $25 prize, the winner’s teacher receives a $50 prize to be used for school supplies and the winner’s school receives a plaque displaying the prized artwork. First and second place FSAWWA winners will receive a plaque with poster and an Amazon gift card for $100 and $75 respectively.