The Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization met on March 19, 2019 in a public meeting at the Lecanto Government Center, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Room 166, Lecanto FL. The points of interest from the meeting are below:
• The MPO Board was advised that a County Incentive Grant Program (CIGP) Application was submitted to the Florida Department of Transportation for the Three Sisters Spring Trail Project in Citrus County.
• The MPO Board approved the Goals, Objectives and Performance Measures (Chapter 2) for the 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) update which is under development.
• The MPO Board made appointments to the Hernando County Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board, and the Citrus County Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board.
• A petition with 495 signatures was submitted during citizen input requesting the Florida Department of Transportation construct a right turn lane from US 19 onto Thrasher Avenue due to safety concerns.
• An MPO Workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at the Hernando County Building Division Training Facility, 1661 Blaise Drive in Brooksville. The workshop will discuss MPO work products, project cost feasibility, project priorities relating to the LRTP and the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP). The meeting will be held from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. and is open to the public.
For further information regarding the Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Organization, visit us at:
The next MPO meeting is scheduled for Wednesday May 15, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. in the Lecanto Government Center, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Room 166, Lecanto Florida. Please Contact the Hernando/Citrus MPO at (352) 754-4082 for more information