The Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization met on June 18, 2019 in a public meeting at the Lecanto Government Center, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Room 166, Lecanto FL. The points of interest from the meeting are below:
• The MPO Board adopted the FY 2019/20-FY 2023/24 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) with modifications to address Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) comments.
• The FY 2020/21 List of Priority Projects (LOPP), which includes Major Projects and Transportation Alternative (TA) Projects, was approved by the MPO for transmittal to the FDOT for development of their 2021-2025 tentative work program.
• The MPO Board approved the Preliminary Needs Plan for the 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). The LRTP must be approved by December 2019.
• A consultant work scope was approved (scope D) to authorize Kimley Horn and Associates to complete the LRTP work effort.
• A consultant work scope was approved to authorize Tindale Oliver and Associates to prepare the Major Update to the Citrus County Transit Development Plan which must be completed by September 1, 2020.
• A consultant work scope was approved to authorize Tindale Oliver and Associates to prepare a Complete Streets Program for the MPO.
• Continuing services contracts for Kimley Horn and Associates, and Tindale Oliver and Associates were extended for one final 12 month term.
• The MPO approved submittal of Transportation Disadvantaged FY 2019/20 grant funding applications to the Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged for Hernando County and Citrus County.
The next MPO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday August 20, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. in the Lecanto Government Center, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Room 166, Lecanto, Florida. Please Contact the Hernando/Citrus MPO at (352) 754-4082.