Brian Coleman - 1st Vice Chairman
County Commission District 5
Commissioner Brian Coleman started his term with the Board of County Commission on November 15, 2016.
4 Year Term
Expiration of Current Term of Office:
He currently serves as:
- Committee Member of Small County Coalition Board of Directors - 1st Alternate
- Committee Member of Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Committee Member of Value Adjustment Board
- Committee Member of Canvassing Board
- Committee Member of Early Learning Coalition
- 911 User Committee
- Medical Examiner Office
Other Public Service:
- 2000 - Present: Serves in the US Coast Guard Reserves - Maritime Enforcement Master Chief E-9
- 2008 - 2016: Community Resource Officer for the City of Crystal River - Citrus County Sheriff's Department
- 1981- 1985: Served in the United States Navy
- Bachelor of Science, Sociology/Criminal Justice, Long Island, NY
Brian has lived in Citrus County since 1989. He and his wife, Robyn, have 5 children and 10 grandchildren. Brian was born in Smithtown New York, graduated High School in 1980 and joined the United States Navy in 1981 where he served for 4 years before getting Honorably discharged. He then attended college on Long Island New York and obtained a BA in Sociology/Criminal Justice. Upon moving to Citrus County, Brian was employed at the Crystal River Police Department where he raised to the rank of Sargent.
In 2000, Brian enlisted in the US Coast Guard Reserves and is presently a Maritime Enforcement Master Chief E-9 stationed at Port Canaveral, Florida. In 2008, Brian was hired at the Citrus County Sheriff’s Department as a Community Resource Officer for the City of Crystal River until resigning on November 14th in order to take office as your new County Commissioner.
Brian wants to do the “right things for the community for the right reasons”.