NOTICE OF FUNDING and AVAILABILITY
This strategy will assist with the construction or rehabilitation of homes sold by non-profit developers. A subsidy is provided to eligible sponsors, as established by resolution, to pay development costs including fees charged by government entities in conjunction with residential construction (impact fees, building permits, utility fees, etc), wells, septic and site preparation. Any funds not used for the payment of development costs may be used to offset cost of construction or rehabilitation of an acquired eligible housing unit.
Sponsors eligible will be those 501c3 agencies that build or repair affordable homes for First Time Homebuyers.
Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis with criteria for awards to include:
- Agency’s capacity and history of developing affordable housing
- Ability to obtain necessary financing through local lenders or ability to generate donations and/or grant funding
- Financial history of organization
- Affordability of homes being built or rehabilitated
- Long term affordability of assisted homes
- Employment of personnel from the Welfare Transition Programs
Please deliver applications to:
Citrus County Housing Services
2804 W. Marc Knighton Ct. #12
Lecanto, FL 34461
If not specified under the strategy, very low and low income families qualify. In each category, applicants cannot have income that exceeds the following maximum gross family incomes:
|Family Size||Very Low (50% AMI)||Low (60% AMI)||Low (80% AMI)|