Strategic Planning Dashboard
"Where nature and community thrive."
Our Vision: A welcoming, economically vibrant community where people and nature live in harmony.
Our Mission: To manage growth and foster prosperity by prioritizing the protection of environmental assets, the development and maintenance of infrastructure, and the health, safety, and well-being of its citizens.
- Update and retain a dynamic Comprehensive Plan that implements smart growth strategies to guide future development.
- Lead and manage through multiple partnerships to attract and retain talent to grow and diversify the local economy.
- Prioritize the protection and improvement of environmental assets.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and economic development while ensuring all citizens are connected to resources that provide a path to prosperity.
- Invest in infrastructure sufficient to support protected growth with priority given to correcting current infrastructure deficits.
- Develop/establish a comprehensive system of care for mental and physical health that will address the growing need for services by all citizens.
- Broaden the county’s tax base and plan for early education to develop skills needed to ensure a prosperous future to cultivate business growth.
- Provide fiscal and environmental stewardship and facilitate the growth of the county’s healthcare, medical, and public safety workforce.
2024 Targets for Action
The Citrus County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) held a Strategic Planning Retreat on Thursday, January 18, 2024, at the Lecanto Government Building. This goal-setting session provided an opportunity for commissioners to discuss, plan, and prioritize programs, projects, and issues facing Citrus County. During the retreat, individual commissioner priorities were discussed at length and prioritized based on group consensus:
The following goals were identified in 2023, and are currently underway:
2023 Targets for Action
The following goals were identified and achieved in 2023:
For more information on the strategic planning process, or to schedule a speaker for your association or organization, please email email@example.com.