Holly L. Davis
Commissioner Holly L. Davis started her term with the Board of County Commission on November 17, 2020.
• Bachelor of Science, Advertising, University of Texas at Austin
• Multiple national awards in advertising copywriting, creative direction, and strategy
• Owner, Horsefly Group ad agency (strategist and creative director)
• Owner, MDBarnmaster Southeast, an authorized manufacturer’s dealer
• Resident of Citrus County for 14 years, as both youth and adult, including living in
different districts (1, 3, and now 5)
• Routinely donates 10% of work hours to various charities, to help them better market their cause
• Commercial pilot with instrument rating; single engine land, seaplane, and glider (FAA)
• SCUBA Rescue Diver certified (PADI)
• Master Instructor in horsemanship and riding (CHA)
After an early childhood on various US Navy postings, Holly lived on the Crystal River until
graduating CRHS in 1985. She returned to live in Pine Ridge in 2007 to help her mother through the last years of dementia, and then came home again for good at the first of 2018, this time to Citrus Hills. Having lived in quite a few places across the United States, when she says “Citrus County is the best place to call home!” she really means it.
A primary goal of Holly’s is to promote a wider variety of higher-paying careers in Citrus County, in both offices and the trades. As an avid scuba diver and outdoors enthusiast, continuing to restore and protect our beautiful nature coast is also of paramount importance. These two goals – economic growth, and protecting our natural resources – do not have to be at cross-purposes, says Holly. The answer is managing that growth strategically, and specifically in a way that promotes our natural beauty and small- town charm, in part through actively promoting and supporting locally owned small businesses.
Holly’s local family includes dad and “bonus mom” Tom and Gudi Davis of Crystal River Airport.
4 Year Term
Expiration of Current Term of Office:
Holly L. Davis Currently Serves As:
Withlacoochee Regional Water Supply Authority
Veterans Services Advisory Board
Hospital Charitable Foundation
Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization-Alternate
911 User Committee
Medical Examiner Office
Value Adjustment Board
Early Learning Coalition
Small County Coalition Board of Directors (1ˢᵗ Alternate)