Citrus County CARES!
Citrus County CARES!
Welcome to the online informational page for Citrus County CARES. This program will provide support to Citrus County residents who have suffered loss of employment due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This program is designed to help with rent or mortgage payments and emergency home repairs (i.e. roof, a/c etc.). This program will not issue payments directly to applicants. Instead, payments will be sent directly to the vendors (ie: landlords, mortgage companies, contractors) that are willing to participate in this program and must be able to provide Citrus County with completed W-9s.
* Please read the information below, and apply if you meet the criteria.
Who is eligible?
Any Citrus County resident who has suffered an economic hardship (i.e. a reduction of or loss of wages) caused directly by COVID-19, and who earns less than 120% of the area median income (as shown below) is eligible to apply.
Maximum Income Levels – Area Medium Income (April 2020)
Household Size 120% AMI
1 - $47,040
2 - $53,760
3 - $60,480
4 - $67,080
5 – $72,480
6 - $77,880
7 - $83,280
8 - $88,560
Rent payment (contingent on landlord acceptance and current lease)
Mortgage payment for homesteaded residence (contingent on lender acceptance)
Emergency Home Repairs
To be eligible for assistance, household members MUST be a resident of Citrus County. Mortgage assistance can only be provided to homesteaded properties. Rent assistance requires a current lease. All household members should be listed on your application.
What documents do I need to apply for Citrus County CARES assistance?
Every request is unique and our program specialist will be able to provide you more details during your consultation.
To speed the process, please have the following available:
- Completed Housing Intake Application
- Photo ID for all adult household members (18 and over)
- Birth certificates for children under the age of 18
- Lease agreement/mortgage statement
- Completed Self Certification of COVID-related hardship
- Self Certification of Income for ALL household members 18 years of age or older
- Proof of income loss due to hardship as a result of COVID-19 (this may be a letter from your employer regarding reduction in wages or proof of application filed for unemployment).
After you submit your application you will be contacted by a program specialist to review any additional documentation that may be needed.
If I am approved, how long does it take for assistance?
Each request will be processed individually and will depend on the vendor that needs to be paid. We appreciate your patience as we help your household recover from COVID-19.
Click Here for Application