Senior Companion Program
The Senior Companion Program Offers Two Opportunities:
- You can become a Senior Companion Volunteer to help seniors
- Or... you can contact us if you are looking to have a Senior Companion provide you, or a loved one, companionship
To request a Senior Companion please contact us at 352-527-5959.
Becoming A Volunteer:
To find out how you can become a Senior Companion volunteer to help seniors please contact us at 352-527-5959.
- Are you over 55?
- Have transportation?
- Like to help others?
- Have a Low Income?
The Senior Companion Program (SCP) matches volunteers, age 55 or older, with homebound, at-risk elders, who need non-medical support in order for clients to remain independent, at home, and socially connected.
Income eligible Senior Companion Volunteers will receive a small stipend and mileage reimbursement.
- Provide assistance with important daily activities.
- Provide transportation to medical appointments, grocery store, etc.
- Have a watchful eye to notice when extra care is necessary.
- Offer encouragement to remain physically and mentally active.
- Give assistance with letter writing and varied errands.
- Present community service information.
- Make a friendship that can last a lifetime.
- Over 55 years of age
- Income Eligible
- Are not part of the regular work force
- Are willing to accept supervision and work under the policies and guidelines of the program.
- Agree to a Level II background check
- Have a valid driver's license
- Show proof of vehicle insurance
- Complete 40 hours of pre-service training
- Attend monthly in-service training
If you would like to be part of a wonderful group of people who make a huge impact on people's lives, or if you, or a friend, or a family member would benefit from our services, please contact us for more information.