Citizens With Disabilities
Citrus County Transit buses are wheelchair accessible. We provide door to door service. Reservations may be made up to 7 days in advance, but no later than 2 business days.
- Limited passenger assistance will be provided to all passengers on and off Citrus County Transit vehicles.
- Drivers will only be able to provide passengers with "stabling" assistance. They cannot provide weighted support.
- If passengers need assistance, they must travel with an escort.
- Drivers cannot assist clients to treatment sites inside buildings or from one test site to another.
- Drivers cannot assist clients to individual nursing home rooms.
Orange Line Bus
If you live within a quarter mile of a bus stop, and are unable to get to a stop, contact our office and you may be picked up at your home with 24 hours' notice.
- For ADA compliance and based on our bus specifications, wheelchair dimensions are limited to 48” x 30”.
- The passengers and wheelchair combined weight limit is 600 pounds.
- Service animals may ride at no additional charge but must be properly controlled.
- Riders are responsible for the behavior and hygiene needs of the service animal.
- Service can be refused or discontinued if a service animal is seriously disruptive or violent.