Guide to Ride
CCT closes for all major holidays and may have special requirements or adjusted times during a disaster or emergency.
CCT operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, familial or income status. Any person who believes he or she has been subjected to any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with CCT by contacting Joanne Granger, Director at 352-746-7634.
Tips for Riding the Bus
- Have exact change, drivers do not carry change.
- Have your fare ready. You can pay the fare with Cash or Ticket.
- You must pay the full fare each time you ride.
- All wheelchairs and scooters must be secured in the vehicle’s four-point securement system at all times during the ride. All individuals are required to comply with Florida’s seatbelt law.
- All passengers are required to wear seatbelts including shoulder belts for wheelchair customers, while being transported in Citrus County Transit vehicles.
For the Safety and comfort of all passengers, please observe the following rules while riding this Bus. You will be warned and may be required to leave the bus or the bus-stop area if you violate any of the rules:
- No littering
- No weapons
- No bare feet
- No distracting the driver
- No consuming alcoholic beverages
- No flammable or explosive materials
- No lying down or putting feet on seats
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Shirts, bottom attire & shoes are required
- Are Emitting offensive body or clothing odors
- No eating or open containers of food or drink
- No distributing leaflets or post unauthorized notices
- No Displays of lewd or indecent behavior and/or attire
- No loud talking, abusive, profane or obscene language
- You may not physically or verbally harass other passengers or Citrus Transit employees
- No use of radios, media players, computers, without headphones on silent operation
- No smoking or vaping of any tobacco product or use of any non-tobacco electronic device
- No soliciting , promoting or attempting to buy or sell anything on County buses or facilities
- Pets must be kept in small carriers (Guide dogs and service animals may accompany disabled passengers)
- Personal belongings must fit in your lap or fit underneath the seat, they cannot block the aisle under any circumstances
The Police or other appropriate authority will be called if you:
- Engage in illegal activities
- Engage in fighting or threaten violence
- Fail to leave the bus after having been directed to do so
- Willfully destroy or damage Buses or other County property
WARNING: ASSAULT/BATTERY AGAINST A TRANSIT OPERATOR IS A FELONY
Bikes on Citrus County Transit
- All Orange Line Buses are equipped with bike racks. On occasion, a bus may arrive with both sides occupied. If so, please wait for the next bus.
- Paratransit (Door-to-Door) Buses are equipped with bike racks.
- Oversized bikes not permitted on Bus
Cancellation/No Show Policy
Citrus County Transit’s, (“CCT”), Door-to-Door Program acknowledges that occasionally situations will arise that result in a rider needing to cancel or miss a scheduled trip. However, frequent, and excessive late cancellations and/or no-shows of scheduled trips negatively affect the efficiency of the service and the cost of providing the service. To cancel a trip, the rider must call (352) 527-7630.
- Excessive cancellations: occurs when a rider schedules multiple trips and subsequently, regularly cancels.
- Late cancellation: occurs when a rider cancels a scheduled trip with less than one (1) hour notice.
- No-show: occurs when a rider is not at the designated pick-up location at the scheduled time of the trip or refuses the trip.
CCT will track the scheduled trips, no shows, late cancellations, and excessive cancellations of each rider. Each leg of the trip will be treated separately. CCT will enter the late cancellation/no show into the rider’s file and will keep track of the occurrences. All riders will be issued a written notification after the first offense, and notifications will include a list of the late cancellations, excessive cancellations, and no-show of scheduled trips. CCT will notify the rider if they meet any of the following criteria within a 30-day period:
- Late cancellations/cancellations representing 25% or more of scheduled trips, or
- The rider has three (3) or more no-shows.
- First offense – the rider will receive a verbal warning, documented in the rider’s file.
- Second offense – the rider will receive a 3-day suspension.
- Third offense – the rider will receive a 7-day suspension.
- Additional violations will result in a 30-day suspension.
All riders have the right to appeal any written notification they receive regarding their offense. Riders will be allowed to continue to use the service until their appeal is decided. All riders will receive a written notification of their appeal decision. All appeals must be reported to the CCT Director at (352) 527-7630 or by mail to 1300 S. Lecanto Hwy., Lecanto, FL 34461.
BOCC approved 7/26/22 - TDLCB Approved 8/11/22 - Effective 9/1/22 (start of tracking)
- Reservations are required for Paratransit and accepted up to (14) fourteen calendar days in advance. The deadline is no later than 12:00 p.m. noon, two (2) business days prior to the trip.
- Cancellations should be made at least one hour before your scheduled pickup time.
- After business hours, passengers can leave cancellation voice mail between 5:00 p.m. And 8:00 a.m. by calling 352-527-7630.
Package Limits / Assistance
- Assistance may be provided for Demand Response (Door-to-Door).
- Drivers are restricted to putting packages on and off the bus.
- Fixed Route passengers are responsible for stowing their packages.
- A reasonable number of packages (i.e.: three (3) cloth bags) must fit under your seat and/or in your lap.