Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How is the employee count determined?
A: The employee count is determined by the total number of full‐time equivalent employees (FTE’s), which includes full time and part time employees, as well as the business owner.

Q: I have multiple businesses, is there a cap to what I can receive?
A: Grant funds are available for each qualifying business based on its federal identification number and expanding their workforce with new hires of $1,000-$2,000 for each new Full Time Equivalent position.

Q: How will I submit my documents to you?
A: Clear legible scans, photos, and screen shots of the required documents can be uploaded.

Q: What if I need help with completing or submitting an application?
A: Please call (352) 527-5207 or email

Q: I operate a franchise, am I eligible to apply?
A: Provided the franchise is a Target Industry, independently owned, not publicly traded, and meets all other qualifications, you would be eligible for the program.

Q: What happens if I do not include all the required documents, when I submit my application?
A: Only submit your application when you can provide the required documents. Applications will only be considered when they are submitted in their entirety; incomplete applications will not be processed.

Q: Who issues a Business Tax Receipt (BTR) in Citrus County?
A: A Business Tax Receipt (BTR) is purchased by the Citrus County Tax Collector, the City of Crystal River, or the City of Inverness.

Please click on the following links for more information on BTRs:

Q: What if my business operates in Citrus County, but is foreign owned?
A: Foreign‐owned companies can apply if they are registered as a Citrus County business with a business tax receipt and meet all other qualifications.

Q: What is a W-9 Form?
A: A W-9 form provides your correct Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to the person who is required to file an information return with the IRS to report on income paid to your organization.

Please see below web link for more information on a W-9 form to reference:

Q: Can I apply in person or by mail?
A: No. The application must be completed online. Submit only once you can provide all the required documents