Fresh Water Fish Attractors
This project builds "fish attractors" within the Hernando, Inverness, and Floral City Pools.
These attractors are constructed by using suitable brush such as; citrus, oak, Christmas trees, etc., and anchor them to the lake bottom with floats attached to the upper part of the brush.
- Monies derived from the additional $1.00 received from fishing licenses, no ad-valorem taxes are used
- The Citrus County Landfill accepted Christmas Trees, (for free), for the project
- This was a 3-year contract with Perry Construction
- The Project started 02/01/2010 In the Inverness Pool
- FWC will be conducting a creel study at the end of the project
Below Are The Lat & Long For These Reefs:
|Region||Water Body||Attractor Name||Material||Latitude||Longitude|
|Tsala Apopka||Hernando Pool||Lake Dodd||105 Christmas Trees & 121 Oak Limbs||N28 56.857||W82 22.442|
|Tsala Apopka||Hernando Pool||Hernando Lake||120 Christmas Trees & 115 Oak Limbs||N28 54.650||W82 22.046|
|Tsala Apopka||Inverness Pool||Big Henderson||75 Citrus Trees||N28 50.369||W82 19.482|
|Tsala Apopka||Inverness Pool||Little Henderson East||200 Oak Limbs||N28 50.774||W82 19.997|
|Tsala Apopka||Floral City||Floral City Lake South||160 Christmas Trees & Several Oak Limbs||N28 45.590||W82 17.025|
|Tsala Apopka||Floral City||Hampton Lake||135 Christmas Trees||N28 47.108||W82 17.282|