Permanent Reassignment of Development Rights Application
for Water and Wastewater Utility Availability Assessment
Applications are available from the Land Section, January 1st until the close of business May 1st.
Send completed application with ALL supporting documentation to:
Citrus County Land Section
ATTN: Utility Availability Assessment
3600 West Sovereign Path, Suite 205
Lecanto, FL 34461
In accordance with the Assessment Ordinance, Chapter 86 of the Citrus County Code of Ordinances, Citrus County, Florida has established a Utility Availability Assessment for water and wastewater availability and maintenance services within the unincorporated areas of the County, as adopted September 10, 2019, effective October 1, 2019 and future fiscal years.
The assessment for each vacant parcel of property is based on the total number of ERPs attributed to that parcel. An "ERP" or "Equivalent Residential Property/Parcel" is defined in the Assessment Ordinance as the unit or criteria utilized to determine the assessment for each parcel of property, as set forth in the initial assessment resolution.
Pursuant to Administrative Regulation (AR) 11.10-1, property owner(s) of multiple adjoining residential lots that are under the same ownership can request their properties be recognized at a reduced number of ERPs for assessment purposes only, by applying for the Permanent Reassignment of Development Rights (DVR). Please note that this recognition is "NON-REVOCABLE" and is binding on all successive owners.
A property owner may be eligible for a reassignment of development rights provided the following conditions are met:
1. The applicant will not be developing the properties individually.
2. The subject properties share common boundaries.
3. The subject properties are under the same ownership.
4. There is only one residential unit on the subject properties.
5. A properly completed application, with all required documentation and a non-refundable fee to cover
processing costs shall be submitted to Citrus County staff no later than the end of the business day on May 15.
6. Requests pertaining to non-residential and other unique lots of record will be reviewed on a case-by-case
If you would like to take advantage of the DVR process:
1. Complete the application.
2. Enclose a $50.00 Non-Refundable Application Fee (please make checks payable to the Board of County
Commissioners or BOCC. Please do not mail cash.)
3. Provide proof of ownership (to all lots/parcels), i.e., a copy of deed or recent tax notice.
4. Provide letter(s) of Agent Authorization, if applicable.
5. Give a description and approximate location of any improvements on the site.
For any questions regarding applications please call Citrus County Land Section at (352) 527-5458.