Single Stream Recycling
Only the materials listed below will be accepted:
NOTE: Adding garbage or trash to your recyclables contaminates the material and makes it unacceptable for recycling, thus requiring disposal at the Landfill.
NO BAGGED RECYCLABLES, ONLY LOOSE.
Please clean & dry recyclables before disposing in the bins.
- Magazines, catalogs, telephone books, paperback books
- Office paper & files folders
- Junk mail & envelopes
- Paperboard & boxboard (cereal, cracker boxes & paper beverage holders - please flatten)
- Corrugated cardboard & paper bags (please flatten)
- Milk & juice cartons (please flatten)
- #1 through #7 plastic, beverage & household containers (remove lids)
- Metal containers (steel, tin & bi-metal), metal lids (separate lids from containers)
- Aluminum containers & foils (formed into a ball)
- Non-hazardous empty aerosol cans ONLY (food, beauty, fragrance & household products)
Please DO NOT place these items in the containers:
- Glass of any kind
- Plastic grocery bags and plastic wrap (bags may be recycled at your supermarket)
- Paint products (including aerosol cans) See Hazardous waste page for more information
- Batteries (recycle at the Landfill) See battery page for more information
- Hardback books (remove covers or donate)
- Electronics (recycle at the Landfill)
- Ceramics or dishes
- Yard waste or trash
- Food waste
- Motor oil/anti-freeze containers
- Hazardous waste containers
- Light bulbs (Fluorescent bulbs may be recycled at the Landfill - first 10 are free of charge)
- Clothing, furniture, appliances, mattresses & box springs (furniture, appliances, mattresses, box springs, carpet & padding from your home, are free of charge at the Landfill. Donate usable clothes and gently used furniture.