What can I recycle?
- Computers, Monitors, Keyboards
- Copiers, Printers & Fax Machines
- Telephones & Cell Phones
- VCRs, Audio & Video Equipment
Why should I recycle?
- A recent study by the U.S. EPA shows that electronics already make up approximately 13 percent of the municipal waste stream.
- Research also shows that electronic waste is growing at 3 times the rate of other municipal waste.
- According to the U.S. EPA, over 20 million personal computers became obsolete in 1998 and only 13 percent were reused or recycled.
- Recycling and reusing end-of-life electronics and electronic components conserves natural resources, avoids air and water pollution, and reduces greenhouse gas emissions caused by manufacturing new products.
- In just one year, over 112 million pounds of valuable materials were recovered from disposed electronics for recycling and reuse.
Remember - Recycle Today for Tomorrow!