Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR)
Citrus County was awarded approximately $1,000,000 from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (FDEO) for demolition, home replacement with elevation activities under the Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Program related to Hurricane Hermine. These funds must benefit very low to low-to-moderate income persons within the County, including the City of Crystal River. Assistance will be provided in the form of a no interest deferred-payment loan.
How is this Program Funded?
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has awarded Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery funds to Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (FDEO) for activities authorized under Title I of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 and described in the State of Florida Action Plan for Disaster Recovery. Citrus County has entered into an agreement with FDEO (agreement # HM002) to administer disaster recovery funds. Funds are still available for eligible Citrus County homeowners still recovering from Hurricane Hermine.
You may be able to provide you with assistance if:
- You own a single-family home in Citrus County damaged by Hurricane Hermine.
- You occupied this home during Hurricane Hermine.
- You still own and occupy this home and have unmet hurricane recovery needs.
Original Contract - HM002
- Housing Unspecified Site Strategy Environmental Review (PDF)
- Consultant Agreement: RFP 19-031 (PDF)
- Fair Housing Public Service Announcement
(posted April 28, 2020 for 2nd Quarter 2020)