The Contractor Licensing Department provides assistance to contractors who want to register and work in Citrus County. Our department enforces Contractor compliance with State of Florida Statutes and County regulations. All contractors who work in Citrus County are required to be licensed and insured. Our mission is to provide our citizens with quality workmanship done by licensed contractors who have experience, education and good moral character.
- Business Tax Receipt - (Handyman List)
- State and County Regulated Trades
- Testing Facilities
- Permit Agent Authorization
Search for a Contractor
Why Hire A Licensed Contractor?
- A licensed person has the required education, experience, insurance and qualifications to obtain a license. They must pass a competency examination before practicing.
- Many licensed individuals are screened for prior criminal history.
- The department can discipline and even revoke a license if the person does not live up to professional standards. This is a not a total safeguard, but is a strong incentive for the licensee to do good work.
- Only work done by a licensed contractor is recognized by your homeowner’s insurance.